Weird and unusually beautiful shoes are having a moment this year. Designers are using unconventional materials and silhouettes to enhance the boldness of the nowadays style. I like the notion of wearing the art on your feet… and wearable art itself. The unusual and unique pieces do not necessarily only come from the runway, here are some of my favorite sources for unique and affordable footwear:
- Jeffrey Campbell.My favorite shoe designer and beloved shoe brand. Campbell is an LA based shoe designer that creates quirky, fresh and super trendy heels, flats and platforms. You can see a lot of IT girls wearing his designs. I own around 7 pairs of Jeffrey Campbell shoes and would love to expand my collection.
- Poshmark. A platform for recycling your old wardrobe finds online. You can find a lot of unique, vintage or designer shoes there at affordable prices ( spoiler alert: Jeffrey Campbell as well!!!). The best part about it is that you can bargain and propose your own price.
- Y.R.U. Another cool and young brand. It is pretty edgy and has a great variety of Lolita, Goth, and rock chic shoe gear.
- eBay. This is a no brainer. You can find anything on eBay, including unique and crazy shoes. My favorites are this and that.
- DollsKill. A cool website for one of a kind piece for every taste: edgy, flirty, romantic, punk and etc. They also have huge flash sales very often.
Let me know what are your favorite places to buy the inspirational footwear! If you want to find some new inspirations for unique purses, check out my blog post about it.
jeans- vintage, from my favorite Buffalo Exchange
sequined top- Forever 21
denim ripped jacket- BCBG thrifted, similar here and there
shoes- Jeffrey Campbell ice skating shoes, old collection. If you are size 8, can find it here
bag- Zara, old collection, similar here
P.S. Check out the coolest inspirations from runway:
Beloved Alexander McQueen